Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finally Some Music!

I have found a solution for those who, like me, are unfortunate enough to be alone on Valentines Day, a day, or more like a day and the week leading up to that day, where you are constantly forced to ask the question "What about me?" Rather than binging on those heart shaped candies that have "be mine" inscribed on them and taste suspiciously like the piece of chalk you were dared to eat in the second grade, come to Peru and celebrate friendship day. Celebrated alongside Valentines Day, Friendship Day gives everyone a chance to celebrate, to be part of the fun. So, Happy Valentines and Friendship Day to everyone.

Now to the music. I couldn't be happier in Peru right now. I've celebrated friendship day, I'm hearing incredible music, and I am missing a brutal winter at home in the US. It's summer in Peru right now and I thought I'd give everyone a chance to warm up a little bit. Listen to these two songs and you're in Lima relaxing, sipping on an Inca Kola or pisco sour on a warm summer day.
Summertime and El Norte by Gabriel Alegria from the CD Nuevo Mundo

1 comment:

Laura Patterson said...

Hey ZAK! This Laura, Gabriel and Laurandrea's friend...we met right before I left... I just wanted to tell you that the blog looks great! I hope things are going well! I heard you've been doing a great job. I hope I can make it back to Peru this summer. Take care!
Laura