Friday, April 20, 2007

Well, it's been a quiet week in Lima. I've been recovering from last week's Jazz Festival and my amazing trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu the week before, and catching up on my World Basketball and Mexican League Baseball. I am posting two more videos from the Ndugu Chancler Afro-Peru Jazz Project. Both of these videos are from the same concert as the one I posted yesterday. The first video is just an amazing solo by Ndugu (watch Gabriel Alegria's reaction when he steps in). The first half of the second video is a Zapateo solo by Huevito Lobaton (I will be writing about Zapateo much more next week when I post videos from Huevito's master class at the festival) starting at about 1:35 Ndugu comes in for another great solo. These videos are the same quality as yesterday's. Sorry. But, still watch them to hear these guys play. I am trying to get more complete video of the concerts and they will be posted as soon as I do.



No comments: